Monday 6 December 2010

One shot film rationale :) 300 words ish......

For my third and final assignment in this first term, I was assigned to create a one shot film. I was given set rules when creating my one shot film. I really enjoyed this project because I’m most interested in the film aspect within media. The assignment was challenging from the set rules, this made the assignment fun and enjoyable because I had to create something that was quite difficult to produce. I had to create a film that was obviously entertaining however I was only allowed to film one shot that was only allowed one movement, this made it difficult to successfully entertain an audience. I am really happy with the outcome of my one shot film; I believe I am successful at engaging an audience from the use of conventions I have used from taking advantage of the genre I chose which was horror. I used a high contrast effect for the blood trail that stands out with the snow on the pathway. I think it was lucky to have snow on the day that I and my group decided to film. The snow fits in well with our story as it made the film look more effective and intense. The idea that I had for the film is really simple, I wanted to create a short horror film, so I thought the best thing to do is a first person shot following a blood trail to find a zombie eating a human. The zombie then notices the person following the trail and chases after the character that sees this horrific event. I used intense background music that builds up and glorifies the intensity of the events that occur in the film. If I had more time to film I would have retook the shot to get a smoother, flowing sequence.
Assignment rules:
·         You must use a tripod/camera support when shooting this film (i.e. not handheld)

·         The camera may either pan/zoom/crab or track only once

·         Title sequences and credits must be overlaid on to the image and included within the shot   if added during post production i.e. not on a black background or still shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment