Wednesday 8 December 2010

Interactive Space rationale

This assignment I found quite hard, I enjoyed the concept of creating something that was interactive and consisted of creating a story that allowed the audience to navigate through the story. However I found it hard to create my interactive space, it was the html coding that I didn’t enjoy because I didn’t understand it so well, I found it quite tedious and repetitive unfortunately. Before creating my interactive space i was inspired by an old PC game called ‘DOOM’. I thought because this assignment is about creating something interactive the best thing to create would be something that is like a computer game, which is why I was inspired by ‘DOOM’. My interactive space has a 1st person view perspective where you have to go through levels of a lift and defeat a different boss on each level in order to survive the game.   If I was to do this project again i would improve my work by taking better pictures for the interactive space, by using a better camera that would allow me give to take higher quality photos that would be more impressive and engaging for the audience. i would also add more depth to the game itself and create more levels for the interactive space to make it more entertaining. however I would find a way to shorten the interactive space but make it just as effective at entertaining the audience, for example I would remove images that didn’t have as much relevance to the story and insert pictures that contain more information from the picture that are displayed within the interactive space. I was most happy with the consistency and that it finally started to come together once I got the hang of the coding side of creating the interactive space.

No comments:

Post a Comment