Wednesday 6 October 2010

Multimedia so far! :)

So far pretty much I have had an introduction to the course. From this I am aware that its 40% to pass each module and each module must be passed with flying colors in order to carry on to the next year :).

To begin with I and some of my peers created a whiteboard animation consisting of a house and a box mixed with our own imagination. I was impressed with the outcome with the time we were given to produce this animation.


So far I have learnt some really interesting things such as creating a camera out of an energy drink can. When you think about it, it’s hard to get your head around the technology with creating a camera out of a normal empty energy drink can. This is because there is literally no technology to it what so ever but it has a way of producing an image which is really interesting.
















As you can see from the image it litrally is a can and some gaffer tape. from when i first heard that we have to make a camera out of the three materials. i couldnt get my head around it which is probably what your thinking now.





Well I started with cutting the top of the can off. Once this had been done cut out a square piece of card and place it over the top of the can and create a lid with gaffer tape and the card which stops direct sunlight entering the can which would stop the camera producing an image.














Before the process of actually taking a picture, I had to go to a dark room where no light could affect the photo paper. Once the lid had been made I pierced the can approximately in the centre with a pin, the pin hole is where the camera will produce the image.






I then had to create something to cover the pinhole so that the sunlight isn’t always able to get through the pinhole. This is because when you want to get an image you point the can at something you want to take a picture of remove the gaffer tape covering the pinhole and count approximately between 8-11 seconds then cover the pinhole back up with the gaffer tape.



The paper was then inserted into the can leaving a gap between the pinhole so sunlight can travel straight through projecting an image on the paper. The lid was then placed back onto the can and the camera is ready to go.


I wanted to produce something different to an image of a tree or the side of a road, so i decided to go to the top floor in the Newton building to get a landscape image of the Nottingham city. Unfortunately my image was unsuccessful as I didn’t point the can correctly into a position to get this image as I only got the sky line, so on the paper only faint lines appeared.

No comments:

Post a Comment